Current vbcc binary archives
Current vbcc target archives
vbcc 0.9h release
vbcc 0.9g release
vbcc 0.9f release
vbcc 0.9e release
vbcc 0.9d release
vbcc 0.9b release
vbcc 0.9a release
vbcc 0.9 release
vbcc 0.8j release
vbcc 0.8i release
vbcc 0.8h release
vbcc 0.8g release
Old vbcc releases (0.8-0.8f)
vbcc docs (pdf)
vbcc home page
06-Aug-2005: vbcc 0.8i release.|
Changes since last release:
- New: PowerPC code generator: -baserel32os4 option enables an
OS4-specific base-relative addressing mode, using 32-bit offsets
to base register r2 (pointing to the beginning of the .data
- New: PowerPC code generator: -baserel32mos option enables a
MorphOS-specific base-relative addressing mode, using 32-bit offsets
to base register r13 (pointing to .sdata + 32768).
- New: vclib finally got the C99 functions snprintf() and
- Fixed -O3 optimizer bug in hennessy/queens benchmark.
- Fixed -O2 optimizer bug with const-pointers in a lopp.
- Fixed -O3 optimizer bug in gcc-testsuite 920501-6.
- Fixed -O3 optimizer bug in vbcc-testsuite test14,
which optimized the function to nothing.
- Fixed other optimizer bugs which I forgot.
- 64-bit logical shift right didn't work with shift-counts > 32.
- fabs() was missing in WarpOS m.lib.
- New proto and inline headers for WarpOS and PowerUp.
- WarpOS libraries and headers use Warp3DPPC instead of Warp3D
(which is 68k). Include Warp3DPPC inlines in
- M68k code generator: references _LinkerDB instead of
_DATA_BAS_ (old PhxAss symbol) when a function has a
- MorphOS inlines have to include emul/emulregs.h even
when not required by vbcc, but 3rd-party code may depend on
- The __ctype array in ctype.h got a
- atoi(), strtoul(), strtol(), etc.
erroneously read "1a" as 20.
- vlink: Empty .a archives are no longer rejected (OS4 newlib
- vlink: Fixed section-assignment using a linker script, which
caused a section in some rare cases not being recognized by the
linker (e.g. OS4 newlib startup.o).
- vlink: Supports the new relocations required by
-baserel32os4 and -baserel32mos.
- vasm68k: Fixed floating point constant conversion when running on
- vasmppc: Didn't allow comments behind a mnemonic without
- vasmppc: Fixed a crash when a register-indirect addressing mode
was not correctly recognized, e.g. in symbol@l+0(r3).
- vasm: Hunk-format/EHF output module accessed already deallocated
- fd2pragma: P96 support, PPC0/2-ABI (for Warp3DPPC) fixed.
- fd2pragma: MorphOS (sysv) and (sysv,r12base)
support for FD files.
- fd2pragma: Do not create inline code for MUI_NewObject(),
NewObject() and PM_MakeItem(). Otherwise the
compiler's preprocessor gets confused.
In such a complex project there will of course be bugs.
Most, especially the serious, bug fixes will be available immediately
as a patch. The rest comes with the next release, or by request
from the author (see below).
Downloading vbcc 0.8i.
You need to pick the appropriate binary archive for your host
platform. Then you can add as many target archives as you
Example: If you own a Pegasos running MorphOS and
would like to develop programs for MorphOS and AmigaOS/68k, you
have to pick the vbcc_bin_morphos archive for the
binaries as well as the target archives
and vbcc_target_m68k-amigaos. Install the binary
archive first, using the provided Amiga installer, then
add the targets.
The PowerUp and WarpOS binary archives are additional,
which means that you need to have a base binary archive already
installed. Typically this would be the
All target archives are lha-packed, while the Atari targets are also
available as zip-archives to make unpacking easier for Atari users.
Other host platforms. vbcc is portable enough to run
under all operating systems which offer a working ANSI-C compiler,
e.g. BSD, Linux, MacOS and Windows.
If you need a port for your system, try to contact the authors.
AmigaOS 2.x/3.x 68020+ binaries.
AmigaOS 4.x binaries.
Additional PowerUp binaries.
For use under AmigaOS/68k.
Additional WarpOS binaries.
For use under AmigaOS/68k.
Compiler target AmigaOS 2.x/3.x M680x0.
Compiler target AmigaOS 4.x PowerPC.
Compiler target MorphOS PowerPC.
Compiler target PowerUp PowerPC.
Compiler target WarpOS PowerPC.
Please support vbcc by contacting the authors if you find
any bugs or problems. Supporting nine different architectures
makes testing extremely time consuming, so this release is
probably not free of bugs.
For problems with the compiler core contact
Dr. Volker Barthelmann
and for Amiga/Atari-specific problems, including assembler, linker,
startup-codes and linker-libraries, contact
Frank Wille ().